|35px London Buses|
|Operated by||Arriva London|
|Vehicle||Dennis Trident 2 9.9m/Alexander Dennis Enviro 400|
|Via|| Canary Wharf|
|Length||7 miles (11 km)|
|Frequency||About every 10 minutes|
|Journey time||33-55 minutes|
|Day||4:55am until 1am|
|Night||No night service|
|Adult single fares|
| † peak vehicle requirement|
Transport for London •
Route 135 began on 24 May 2008, being the first route to connect The City to Docklands. The route parallels the DLR running via Limehouse, Westferry, Canary Wharf, Heron Quays and Mudchute stations before terminating at Crossharbour.
Route departing CrossharbourEdit
Route departing Old StreetEdit
Previous route 135s in LondonEdit
The route number 135 had been used four times prior to its current use.
- From 1 December 1924 until 10 October 1926 for a Camberwell Green, <to> Epping Forest (Wake Arms), via Elephant & Castle, London Bridge, Bishopsgate, Shoreditch, Dalston, Clapton, Lea Bridge Road, Hoe Street, Chingford Road, Chingford Mount New Road, Hale End Road, Station Road and The Ridgeway daily Route 135 (part of the 35 group of routes). In 1925, a supplementary "summer" route 137 paralleled this route and the 138.
- From 3 October 1934 until 19 November 1940 for a Arkley(The Arkley Hotel), <to> Victoria Coach Station, via Barnet, Whetstone, Friern Barnet, Muswell Hill Broadway, Muswell Hill Road, Archway, Camden Town, Charing Cross Road, Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, Victoria Street and Buckingham Palace Road daily route 135. This route was a supplementary of route 134.
- From 4 February 1942 until 3 September 1982 for a Forty Hill/Carterhatch, <to> Brimsdown Station daily Route 135
- From 21 November 1987 until 2 September 2000 for a Archway, <to> Marble Arch, via Camden Town Route 135. This route replaced the northern end of route 137 and was itself replaced by routes 88 and 134.
There were also in London:
- From 1 December 1924 until 10 October 1926 two supplementary suffixed operations for shortworking buses, routes 135A Leyton (Bakers Arms) <to> Chingford (Royal Forest Hotel) and 135B Camberwell Green <to> Chingford (Royal Forest Hotel) (part of the 35 group of routes).
- From 9 May 1962 until 20 August 1977 a supplementary route 135A Forty Hill/Carterhatch <to> Brimsdown (Lockfield Avenue).
|List of bus routes in London|