|Vehicle||New Routemaster 10.6m & 11.3m|
|predecessors|| route 14A|
|Length||6 miles (10 km)|
|Journey time||39-70 minutes|
|Frequency||About every 8-10 minutes|
|Day||05:15 until 0:45|
|Night||Night Bus N91|
|Adult single fares|
Today's route 91 commenced on 10 October 1992 as a daily route between Crouch End and Trafalgar Square, as a replacement of route 14A and part of route 30. This was the fifth time, the number 91 had been used as a route number on a London motor bus route. There was some speculation at the time, that the choice of route number was not accidental and was in fact connected to the two separate parts of the route; (Ex14A) Crouch End - Kings Cross and (Ex30) Kings Cross - Trafalgar Square, which had been been traditionally served by the 14 and 77 routes respectively and which when added together make 91.
On 7 February 2009, the route was passed to Metroline with Alexander Dennis Enviro 400s introduced.
On 6 February 2016, the route was retained by Metroline.
On 9 May 2016, brand New Routemasters were introduced.
Previous route 91s in LondonEdit
The route number 91 had been used four times prior to its current use.
- Between 1912 and 1913 for a daily Ealing Broadway station <to> Kew Bridge (Star & Garter) route via Brentford.
- In 1919 for a daily Hammersmith*, Finsbury Park station* <to> Leytonstone (Green Man) route via Shepherds Bush, Notting Hill Gate, Bayswater, Warwick Avenue, St John's Wood, Albert Road, Camden Road, Holloway, Stamford Hill, Clapton, and Leyton. * Termini varied.
- Between 1924 and 1934 for a Liverpool Street station <to> Willesden night route via Strand, Marble Arch, Harrow Road and Harlesden.
- Between 1934 and 1991 for a daily London Airport Central*, Hounslow West station*, Cranford* <to> Wandsworth Bridge route via Hammersmith. * Termini varied.
There were also:
- In 1919 a Sunday Finsbury Park station <to> Woodford Bridge (Crown & Crooked Billet) via Stamford Hill, Clapton, Leyton, Snaresbrook and South Woodford route 91A.
- Between 1934 and 1938 a daily Barking <to> Barkingside via Ilford Tram route 91.
|List of bus routes in London|