|Operated by||National Express West Midlands, Diamond Bus, Sandwell Travel|
|Garage||West Bromwich Depot/ Tividale|
|Peak vehicle requirement||?|
|Length||About ?? Miles|
|Level||05:00 - 00:00 Monday - Saturday, 07:00 - 23:50 Sunday|
|Frequency||Every 6-9 minutes daytime, 20 minutes evening and every 6-15 minutes on Sunday.|
|Journey time||50-55 minutes|
The 74 is a bus route in the West Midlands County, United Kingdom.
The route links Birmingham and Dudley.
- 29th June 2008 - Sandwell Travel introduce a morning service between Great Bridge and Birmingham in this direction only.
- 07th May 2008 - Diamond Bus extended their service back to Dudley, from West Bromwich/ Dudley Port.
- 25th November 2007 - Diamond Bus curb their service to run from West Bromwich/ Dudley Port as opposed to running from Dudley. Evening and Sunday service are all withdrawn.
- 22nd July 2007 - Diamond Bus increase their frequency introduce a evening service. Sunday service is re-timed.
The service currently serves Birmingham, Soho Road, West Bromwich, Great Bridge, Dudley Port and then Dudley. National Express West Midlands service 74 runs every 9 minutes during the day, with 74E's (short workings between Birmingham and West Bromwich) running every 9 minutes too. Service is then reduced to every 20 minutes in the evening and 15 minutes Sundays on both 74 and 74E's creating a service every 7-8 minutes between Birmingham and West Bromwich. The service is usually run with Mercedes-Benz O405N however Volvo B7TL Alexander ALX400 and Plaxton President's are known for making an appearance. The service is run commercially.
The major competitor on this service is Diamond Bus who run every 12 minutes during the day, Monday - Saturday. There is no longer a evening and Sunday service run by Diamond Bus with the night service 74N, also ran by Diamond Bus, being withdrawn in 2006.
As of 29th June 2008, Sandwell Travel commenced operations on the 74 between Great Bridge and Birmingham, in this direction only.
National Express West Midlands currently charge a maximum fare of £2.00 on this service.
- Travel West Midlands website
- Unoffical West Bromwich garage website
- West Midlands Buses (Photographs)