|Operated by||National Express West Midlands, Diamond Bus & Midland Rider|
|Garage||West Bromwich Depot/ Tividale|
|Peak vehicle requirement||?|
|Length||About ?? Miles|
|Level||05:15 - 00:00 Monday - Saturday, 07:30 - 23:15 Sunday|
|Frequency||Every 5 minutes daytime, 30 minutes evening and 15 minutes on Sunday.|
|Journey time||55 minutes|
- 25th November 2007 - Diamond Bus curb their service to run from Oldbury/ Tividale as opposed to running from Dudley. Evening and Sunday service are all withdrawn.
- 22nd July 2007 - Diamond Bus increase their frequency to every 10 minutes and introduce a evening service. Sunday service is re-timed.
- September 2006 - National Express West Midlands introduce the Wright Gemini's to service 82 and 87. These will slowly replace the MCW Metrobus and Mercedes-Benz O405N usually found on the route.
The service currently serves Birmingham, Spring Hill, Cape Hill, Smethwick, Oldbury, Tividale and then Dudley. National Express West Midlands service 87 runs every 10 minutes during the day before reducing to every 30 minutes in the evening and 15 minutes Sundays. The service is usually run with branded Wright Geminis however Volvo B7TL Alexander ALX400 are known for making an appearance when needed. The service is run commercially.
The major competitor on this service is Diamond Bus who also run every 10 minutes during the day, Monday - Saturday. There is no longer a evening and Sunday service run by Diamond Bus. Midland Rider also run on this service from Oldbury, one journey in each direction Monday - Friday.
National Express West Midlands currently charge a maximum fare of £1.50 on this service.
- The service passes very closely to Diamond Bus Tividale garage.
- National Express West Midlands driver swap-overs are in Oldbury whereas Diamond swap over's occur in Tividale.
- Travel West Midlands website
- Unoffical West Bromwich garage website
- West Midlands Buses (Photographs)