|West Midlands Transport|
|Operator||National Express West Midlands, Diamond Bus, Central Logistics and Travel Express|
|Garage||Perry Barr Depot/ Tividale|
|Vehicle||Scania OmniLink, MCW Metrobus, Enviro 400/ Wright Cadet & Dennis Dart/ Ford Iveco|
|End||Hamstead (16), Scott Arms - Great Barr (16A)|
|Length||About 7-8 miles|
|Level||04:30 - 00:00 Monday - Saturday, 07:00 - 00:00 Sunday|
|Frequency||Service 16 every 5-6 minutes Monday - Saturday and every 7-8 minutes Sunday.Service 16A run every 10 minutes Monday - Friday peak only.|
|Journey time||30-35 minutes|
| † peak vehicle requirement|
- 22nd June 2008 - Travel Express withdraw operations on this service.
- 07th May 2008 - Diamond Bus slightly reduce the overall frequency on service 16 and withdraw the evening service.
- 27th April 2008 - Diamond Bus night service 16N is withdrawn.
- December 2007 - National Express West Midlands Scania OmniLink start appearing on the route. These will replace the MCW Metrobus and Volvo B7TL Alexander ALX400 16 branded vehicles.
- 30th July 2006 - Diamond Bus: evening and Sunday service is now introduced.
Present & the FutureEdit
Service 16 currently serves Birmingham, Hockley, Handsworth Wood and Hamstead whilst service 16A does not serve Hamstead but goes off to serve Scott Arms, Great Barr. National Express West Midlands currently runs every 6-10 minutes daytime Monday - Saturday, every 20 minutes evenings and 12 minutes Sunday. The service is usually run by Scania OmniLink (two of which are branded for the 16), however, when needed the service will usually experience MCW Metrobuses, Enviro 400's or Volvo B7TL Alexander ALX400's on it. Very rarely will an appearance by Volvo B10B's be seen. Both service's are run commercially.
Service 16 also experiences some competition from Diamond Bus who run every 7-9 minutes during the day and 8 minutes on Sundays with later starting and earlier finishing times. There is no longer a evening service or late night service run by Diamond or National Express West Midlands.